Remove all packaging and lid prior to cooking.
Please note that all puddings have been thoroughly steamed and only require heating until hot.
- Release lid.
- Carefully re-heat the 450g for 3-4 mins (1kg and 800g puddings - 7-10 mins) on medium setting (based on 750 watt oven).
Caution! Do not microwave for too long as this will damage the texture and flavour of the pudding.
Bain Marie (Water bath)
- Pour approximately 50mm (2") of water into a large saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to a simmer ad place the pudding bowl on a trivet with the lid closed.
- Place carefully into the saucepan.
- Place lid on saucepan.
- Heat for 10-15 mins (800g and 1kg 20-25 mins)
Caution! Do not allow pan to boil dry as bowl will melt.
- Remove pudding from plastic bowl
- Wrap carefully in foil and place in oven proof dish in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 mins.
Caution! Do not over cook as this can damage the texture and flavour of the pudding.
Warm some brandy or whisky in a saucepan - when it starts to boil, remove from heat and allow to rest a minute. Using a heat resistant ladle or the saucepan itself, carefully set light to the liquid and then pour over the hot pudding. Make sure you use a big curved dish so the flaming liquid does not run onto your table.
Cream; brandy cream; custard; ice-cream; brandy butter; and make extra special with a dousing of Baileys Irish Cream.