We know that not all Christmas puddings are created equal. Which is why our Founder, Sandra McLaren, created something quite unlike the stodgy, recipe of old and instead – made a recipe so light and delicious, that it became a total crowd-pleaser among all her friends and family.
Zesty orange and lemons meet prunes, flaked almonds and winter spices – then get drenched in French Brandy and Guinness Stout, before being matured for six months. Its depth of flavour combined with surprisingly light texture makes it incredibly moreish. All you have to do is lightly steam – and drizzle with your choice of brandy butter, cream or ice cream. Don’t let us stop you having all three!
*Buying more than 5 as gifts for family & friends? Please get in touch with Duncan and he'll be please do discuss options.
- MICROWAVE -RE- STEAM- OVEN
- PREMIUM-GRADE FRUITS
- MADE WITH BRITISH BUTTER
- NO SUET
- MATURED IN BRANDY & GUINNESS FOR 6 MONTHS
- 5 MIN PREP
Vine Fruits (28%) (Sultanas, Raisins, Currants), Brown Sugar, Guinness, Butter, Black Treacle, Eggs, Breadcrumbs (Wheat flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine), Water, Salt, Yeast), Prunes, Self Raising Flour (Wheat Flour, Raising Agents: (Sodium Bicarbonate E500, Monocalciumphosphatemono E341i)), Candied Mixed Peel (Orange Peel, Lemon Peel, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Salt, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid), Flaked Almonds, Brandy (2%), Orange Zest, Lemon Zest, Orange Juice from Concentrate, Lemon Juice From Concentrate, Mixed Spice, Cinnamon, Salt, Nutmeg, Ginger.
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in Bold.
Remove all packaging and lid prior to cooking.
Please note that all puddings have been thoroughly steamed and only require heating until hot.
- Release lid.
- Carefully re-heat the 450g for 3-4 mins (1kg and 800g puddings - 7-10 mins) on medium setting (based on 750 watt oven).
Caution! Do not microwave for too long as this will damage the texture and flavour of the pudding.
Bain Marie (Water bath)
- Pour approximately 50mm (2") of water into a large saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to a simmer ad place the pudding bowl on a trivet with the lid closed.
- Place carefully into the saucepan.
- Place lid on saucepan.
- Heat for 10-15 mins (800g and 1kg 20-25 mins)
Caution! Do not allow pan to boil dry as bowl will melt.
- Remove pudding from plastic bowl
- Wrap carefully in foil and place in oven proof dish in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 mins.
Caution! Do not over cook as this can damage the texture and flavour of the pudding.
Warm some brandy or whisky in a saucepan - when it starts to boil, remove from heat and allow to rest a minute. Using a heat resistant ladle or the saucepan itself, carefully set light to the liquid and then pour over the hot pudding. Make sure you use a big curved dish so the flaming liquid does not run onto your table.
Cream; brandy cream; custard; ice-cream; brandy butter; and make extra special with a dousing of Baileys Irish Cream.
We deliver across the globe!
- RM Standard - £3.95 (Untracked 2-4 days)
- RM Standard Sign For - £4.95 (Untracked 2-4 days)
- UK Express delivery - £6.95 (Tracked 1-2 days)
- Free courier shipping when you spend £70 (UK only)
- Collect for free from Borough Market during 3-23rd December
- Please see further details on our Delivery page
- From £20 Please see further details on our Delivery page
- From £40 - Please see further details on our Delivery page
Alternatively Contact Duncan McLaren
Call/Whatsapp - +447500876528